Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Obligatory WotLK Gamegasm

ZOMG [expletive deleted] WRATH OF THE LICH KING OUT TODAY [expletive deleted][expletive deleted].


Get to the store, buy Mountain Dew, cancel work/school/social life and pad your chair. New WoW expac today!

I'll be getting my copy tomorrow evening. I still haven't really decided the paths to take in the game, but what I'm looking forward to the most is:

1) Doing all available dungeons in a 10-man format. I prefer 25s, but having the easier-to-assemble option is great.

2) Hopefully experiencing a better raiding-curve in Wrath. I feel like the difficulty curve in TBC started out too steep, and I'm hoping for something more gradual in Wrath. Comments by Blizz seem to confirm this (at least by thought, we'll see if it's true by action).

3) Defeating Arthas. Hopefully in a 25-man raid, but I'll settle for 10. I felt a little disappointed by missing a lot of the later content in both old-WoW and TBC, and I want this one to be different. He must fall! Maybe then I too can retire from this often-amazing but awfully time-consuming game.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to tweak add-ons and get psyched, then I'll begin a binge-fest playing it tomorrow night. I'll try to blog every day with my impressions when I can!

No comments: